Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tooth Resorption diagnosis does it sound correct?

I am 39, recently had braces for 4 years, removed about 1 year ago, the last x-ray we took 9-12 months ago was perfect. Went in today for check up and cleaning, took x-rays, and a shadow/dark spot was seen on lower #20, the Dr. took another x-ray to make sure it wasn't an artifact. There are definite minute dark areas in the root area of the tooth, he showed me last years, and those are solid and white and these are mostly solid with these wisps of dark.





He said this is resorption, which I have read up on throughly now. I am frustrated since I spent so much time on my teeth and clean them every 3 months, etc.





He says that there are many reasons for this; genetic, trauma, ortho, etc. In my case, I would imagine mine is the ortho.





He wants to do a root canal asap since he says that once the resorption starts it can go very fast and we don't want to damage the tooth anymore.





Question: Does resorption ever reverse, stop, am I jumping the gun, or better safe than sorry?

Tooth Resorption diagnosis does it sound correct?
Miracles can happen, I would get an appointment asap for that root canal, it a 50/50 chance of stopping it, but it will slow it down plus you won't suddenly have a throbbing toothache at a future date



city opera

No comments:

Post a Comment