Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bulimia recovery?

Yes, I'm Bulimic, i have been for Years, and years, I know the complications, I know the reasons to stop, so please spare me. Yes my throat hurts, yes my teeth suck-


I ALSO see my Dr. and a therapist, but i chronically relapse.





my question is: How did YOU stop? I mean what worked 4 you? Better self esteem?, relpacing the behavior?.... I'd like to hear from someone who did it, please!

Bulimia recovery?
Prozac and counseling...you have to get to the root of what is making you do this (control issues...body image issues etc). Take it literally ONE meal at a time. Eat low cal and healthy foods so the urge to purge isn't so intense. It took me years to feel fully recovered, and even now under very stressful times the urge will come back, but now I have tools to help fight it. Take control of your life today. Go get help. You can do it!
Reply:I happy to hear that you are ready to take the first step. Just don't give up. You will have good days and bad. It can be done though. Eventually that little monster inside of your head screaming at you to purge will eventually quiet, it just takes time. Good luck! You can do it! Report It




opera mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment