Friday, July 31, 2009

Post Apicoetomy?

3 weeks after an apicoetomy on a large front tooth, I still have swelling from the 15 stitches and bone graft. I am on my second round of antibiotics and I am worried I will lose the tooth. It just feels weird. Dr. says everything is normal. I spent $1,300 dollars on this previously root canalled tooth. What do you think? Will I loose it or is it still too early?


It is getting a little better, but I am worried.

Post Apicoetomy?
I can understand your concern after having an apico, bone graft and the expense of it all. I would be concerned about the post operative swelling. Some swelling is to be expected, but not excessive. Understand that you have a lot of healing that's going on right now and it takes time. It's good that you are on another round of anitbiotics, be sure to take them as perscribed and finish all of them. Hopefully you are following the doctors orders and keeping the area clean, not smoking (prospects of a graft healing are much better in non smokers) and rinsing with the antiseptic solution that was given to you after surgery. I doubt seriously that you stand a chance of losing the tooth. Your doctor wouldn't have wasted his time or energy, trying to save a tooth that was beyond help, especially to the extent that he has with this one. You trusted him and his advice to perform the procedure, so don't stop having that same faith in him now. He is the best one to discuss your misgivings with. He's heard it all before, so don't think you are an exception. I am sure once you do talk with him you will feel 100% better, and so will your tooth. Good luck!
Reply:i think pain and swelling is normal. but if ur worried about it, go concult your doctor. youre gonna have peace of mind after that.





well thats pretty expensive huh.



office stationery

No comments:

Post a Comment