Thursday, April 16, 2009

How do I know if my jaw is fractured from wisdom teeth removal?

I have my bottom two wisdom teeth taken out almost one month ago. I have been in constant pain on IB and percocet. My Dr took me off the percocet and has just been putting %26quot;dry socket%26quot; medicine into the sockets. This is not helping. It has been a constant throbbing pain, I have been taking IB every four hours and nothing is making this better. I have been irrigatin the sockets to remove any food that has found it%26#039;s way in there, but nothing is working!!! I am so sick of this pain...what do I do?

How do I know if my jaw is fractured from wisdom teeth removal?
it would be very very painfull when you moved your mouth so it probly isnt fractured maybe swollen but deffiently not


fractured
Reply:Symptoms of a broken jaw can include:





Bruising, swelling and tenderness along your jaw or below your ear Improperly aligned teeth Missing teeth or loose teeth Swelling or a black-and-blue area in the gum over your jawbone Difficulty opening your mouth Pain in your jaw joint Numbness in your lower lip or chin.





A doctor will treat a fractured jaw by either realigning the fractured pieces of bone with wires or by repairing the break with metal plates and fine screws. If any fragments of bone have pieced the skin, or if any teeth were lost or loosened, your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic, usually penicillin, to reduce the risk of infection.








You should go see your Primary Care Physician. The pain associated with tooth extraction should have subsided by now. If you do not have a PCP you should go to an Urgent Care Center or nearest Emergency Room for an X-ray.



opera mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment