Monday, April 20, 2009

Help me DR. FRANK?

Basically it started in January. I had a stuffy nose and I took a nose decongestant to clear it up. My nose became very red and big overnight. The next day my baby sister threw a tub of sudocream at my face and a small bit went up my nostrils. My nose became so big and out of shape I went into the doctor.





He gave me cream which didn%26#039;t work. He then gave me the standard tablets for the infection for a week which didnt work. I got more powerful tablets which again didnt work. The Doctor then took swabs. He said they came back %26#039;negative%26#039; but there is a bit of an infection just on the inside in the corner of my nose which explains the swelling. He then said these things tend to go away themselves The next time I went in there was an Indian doctor in the surgury and he said I had hayfever and to take tablets for 3 months.





They never worked. I went into the doctor again last week and he gave me tablets for a slightly prolonged course. He told me about a 6 month course But never gave it to me because the enamel of my teeth is still hardening. He explained it wasn’t life-threatening but he simply dismissed the fact of what it does to my appearance The tablets he gave me worked at the start but stopped working near the end and the infection came back again. My mother thinks I have been taking too many antibiotics but I read on the Internet it is worse for the infection to take hold but she still won’t take yes for an answer. School starts again in September and I don’t want to go back looking like this! What do you think the doctor will give me this time? I just want to get on with my life.!!!!!

Help me DR. FRANK?
Wow, you have said a mouthful! If you were too young for tetracyclines you would need to be under 12 years, which is the minimum age. ( but you sound older than that!) The odds are that this is still infection, but it is sometimes very difficult to be sure without seeing the patient. No one should leave you or fob you off if your condition is unsightly. You need to get mum back on your side and go back with her to your GP, since is is not likely that any home remedies will work.





Sorry I cant be more help.
Reply:Since the antibiotics don%26#039;t seem to be working for you, perhaps nasal irrigation can help with your problem.





Search neti pot or check out these links:





http://www.peacefulcompany.com/SearchRes...





http://www.netipot.org/about_nasal.htm





Here%26#039;s the one I bought:


http://www.herbspro.com/shop/productdeta...





I use one regularly and they have eliminated my sinus problems altogether. Discuss it with your mom and see if she thinks it%26#039;s worth a shot. Good luck.




hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment