Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This one's for you Dr Sam - why am I still bleeding?

I am 22 years old, female I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed plus a molar on Wednesday the 15th, and it is now Friday the 17th - still have bloody gums, not enough blood to use gauze though. I only used the gauze for the first day and half of the 2nd day, because I was told using the gauze TOO much could cause more irritation and bleeding, should I continue to use the gauze anyway? Day 2 I started with the salt water rinses. Should I start today with the syringe rinse that they gave me? How do I do the syringe rinse? Is it normal to bleed this long? All I have had to eat is lukewarm mashed potatoes, jello, pudding, yogurt, lots of water, milk, and sherbert, So I haven't eaten anything that could have dislodged the clot. I don't smoke and don't drink out of a straw or spit, I just let the spit run out of my mouth or wipe the excess out with a tissue. Let me know if I am doing anything wrong, please!

This one's for you Dr Sam - why am I still bleeding?
it's normal to "ooze" blood for the first week. So make sure that you're using an old pillowcase at night. Another trick you can do is a wet, warm tea (any brand) bag. Something in the tea coagulates the blood and alleviates any inflammation. Also remember that when blood mixed with saliva looks like a lot of blood. Remember that if you were using gauze that if it wasn't wet before placement you could have been taking out the clot with the gauze.


Of course I am not a dentist so it doesn't hurt to call the dentist that performed the extraction.
Reply:PLEASE call your oral surgeon. Tell them about the bleeding. They should have told you how to use the syringe and rinses.





Remember..NEVER use anything with hydrogen peroxide. That will damage new, healthy tissue growth.





And you haven't dislodged a clot. Believe me.....if you had, the pain would be HORRIBLE!



exchange rate

No comments:

Post a Comment