Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just got prescribed clindamycin phosphate topical solution for my acne. Im pregnant, should I take it?

I was just prescribed clindamycin phosphate medication for my pregnancy acne. Im 4 months pregnanct %26amp; have really bad pregnancy acne. 1st trimester it was just my face that was broken out. Now it is spreading to my chest, shoulders %26amp; back. I have been talking to my OB at my check-ups %26amp; he said that if he gets worse he would prescribe me something. SO today, he prescibed my the Clindomycin. He did tell me that no medicines are 100% safe while pregnant. So now, Im unsure if I should use it. Has anyone used Clindamycin while pregnant. If so, how are your childs teeth? Dr said that it can cause their teeth to rot? Any advice. Thank you!! ~Melissa

Just got prescribed clindamycin phosphate topical solution for my acne. Im pregnant, should I take it?
I think you shouldn't take it if you feel uncomfortable about it. I've heard that topical acne meds can be iffy. You may want to stick to the normal acne face wash twice a day and acne wash in the shower for you body acne. I had bad acne during pregnancy, oh well I say, it's an appearance thing, I wouldn't risk it.
Reply:I used evoclin - topical cream - and finacea (also topical)





Both dermatologist and obgyn said they were category B medications and that they were safe to use during pregnancy.





Even though they said it was safe - I still didn't use it as often as they said I should. I really only used it to get things under control and then I'd stop. I figured even if it is safe I don't want to be using it every day - I guess just in case!





I would ask your obgyn what category the medication is - if it's B you are okay - if it's C don't take it.



Java and C++

No comments:

Post a Comment