Sunday, August 2, 2009

Should I also see a doctor?

I went to a dentist I saw on t.v. I had 1/2 my front teeth done by one dentist. Then I was given to another who did the other upper side. Now I have had the front one chip 4 times and I was in a lot of pain on the left side of my face now I also have a gumboil (hurts really bad) . When I touch the left side of my face (near my nose) I can feel the tooth where it was (capped?) move. When he so called fixed it I know he had to drill untill the tooth was almost gone then made a fake one but I don't think it fused together and I can feel it move and its very unpleasant. I also was told by another dentist I think this was the 3rd time they fixed my chip, that they should have used a sandblaster, yes a sandblaster to make the (bondo) stuff stick.But that office didn't have one. He also told me they run for about $2,000.00. Why he said that ???? Now Ive had 6 teeth done already and Ive probably given them that much. Should I go somewhere else? Should I also see a Dr.?

Should I also see a doctor?
By gumboil I assume that you mean abscess as I have never heard of that term. If you're worried about the care that you're receiving you could always go get a second opinion. Technically you should have gone to see an oral surgeon instead of a normal dentist. Your dentist may be able to treat your problem, but oral surgeons do that all day long, unlike your dentist. Plus oral surgeons are trained as dentists too. No you don't have to see a doctor, dentists and oral surgeons are the experts of the mouth.





I hope this helps
Reply:You have an abscess tooth and that is why you have a "gumboil". This is a way for the infection to drain and that is probably why you are not in major pain because the infection is not building up pressure. I would go see another dentist to have anymore work done. You will need to do it soon though. You really need to be put on antibiotics to clear up the infection so you can have a root canal done to keep the tooth. If you don't want to have the root canal done then your only other option would be to have the tooth taken out. Good Luck and I hope that you feel better soon.



web design and hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment